Type of Visa: Home
Pre-registration Pharmacist Training Programme 2020-21
The expectations of a Pharmacy Professional is changing rapidly. This will soon be reflected by a change in the Undergraduate Degree Programme, and plans to incorporate the pre-reg year into the 5 year degree as well as changes within the degree….We are a forward thinking company and can offer an opportunity to build on what you have learnt into practice, engaging skills to utilise into future practice.
…Our Pre-registration Pharmacist Programme is designed to prepare trainees from the undergraduate pharmacy degree to progress to being a newly qualified Pharmacist.
As well as a dedicated tutor, we will offer training days together with other pre-reg trainees so you can complete modules whilst undergoing practical experience and be prepared for the newly designed exam.
From Minor Ailments & calculations to how to deal with day to day issues encountered as a pharmacist, the year is intensive but we will be there to guide you.
Please email us for a detailed PDF description: email@example.com or call us on 0208 857 4265.
Main purpose of job:
A one-year fixed term contract to meet the requirements of the General
Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) to register as a pharmacist by undertaking:
i) To demonstrate competence in the Performance Standards identified by the GPhC.
ii) To prepare for and undertake the pre-registration trainee pharmacist examination.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To participate in the competency‐based training programme as required by the GPhC
· To assist in the operation of pharmaceutical services and delivery of patient care.
· To participate in Local and Regional education and training programmes and other activities to develop skills as part of a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
· To be responsible for self‐directed learning in order to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
· To participate in quarterly appraisals with the pre‐registration pharmacist tutor and/or manager.
· To undertake or support practice research in the form of a pre‐registration audit.
· To be aware of and work within: departmental procedures and policies; accepted standards of practice; and relevant legislation (e.g. Health and Safety, Medicines Act).
· To practice at all times in accordance with the Standards of Practise of the GPhC.
· To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post of Pre‐registration Pharmacist