Job/ Placement description
Pre-registration Pharmacist Training Programme 2020-21
Exceptional?? Dedicated?? We’re looking for the super talented to join our team….
Located next to one of the largest GP surgeries in south east London, we aim to provide our pre-reg trainees with a vast amount of experience and exposure to enable them to perform their duties in their new career as a Pharmacist. Together with a study-day training programme attended by many pre-reg’s you will be able to put into practice what you have learnt from your theory.
The key features of pre-registration training are:
- it takes at least 52 weeks (if done full time)
- you will train under the supervision of a pre-registration tutor
- you must be formally assessed ‘signed off’ at least four times by your tutor
- you must pass the registration assessment (you can have only three attempts at this)
- there are limits on the time allowed to finish pre-registration training, and these are explained in the GPhC Criteria for registration as a pharmacist.
Location: Greater London
A fixed term contract
Pre-registration trainee pharmacist
Host training organisation approved for pre-registration training by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
Normal weekly working hours of host training organisation with flexibility to meet the needs of the service. Limits of weekly working hours are specified by the GPhC.
GPhC recognised pre-registration tutor at host training organisation Employing host training organisation to meet the requirements of the GPhC to register as a pharmacist
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To complete a structured training programme approved by the GPhC
- To provide pharmaceutical services and delivery of patient care under supervision
- To be aware of and work within: procedures and policies of the host training organisation, accepted standards of practice, relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- To be responsible for self-directed learning
- To demonstrate competence as specified by the GPhC
- To participate in education and training programmes and other activities to develop knowledge and skills as part of a commitment to continuing professional development
- To review progress regularly with the pre-registration tutor and undertake formal progress reviews as specified by the GPhC, to identify development needs
- To undertake and support quality improvement processes
- To undertake mandatory training as deemed necessary by the host training organisation
- To practice in accordance with the professional standards set by the GPhC
- To participate in weekend, bank holiday and late duty work rotas as required
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
FOR FULL DETAILS ….
email us email@example.com
or call us on 0208-461-1130