Job/ Placement description
We have a vacancy for 2020-21 intake (August 2020 start) for a pre-registration trainee pharmacist at Carters Chemist.
The pharmacy is situated in a thriving part of Islington, close to Caledonian Road Station and Highbury & Islington station
We have great support staff including regular pharmacist, registered technician, 2 x dispensers, counter assistant and provide an excellent learning and development environment.
Our Pre-Registration Programme:
A varied programme to enable you to:
- Be tutored and mentored by a highly experienced full-time Pharmacist Manager
- Gain valuable experience of community pharmacy in a friendly working environment
- Train alongside other experienced full-time dispensary and counter staff.
- Be fully involved in providing all the pharmacy services, including provision of advice and product recommendations to patients who present at the counter with minor ailments.
- Experience a broad range of dispensing (electronic prescriptions, NHS & private & veterinary, repeat dispensing, CDs and dossett boxes)
- Experience and learn how to provide MURs, NMS, CPCS, Flu vaccination, Smoking Cessation, Supervised Methadone Consumption and Needle Exchange. You’ll also learn how to operate a Healthy Living Pharmacy.
There are off-site training days to learn and to meet the other pre-reg trainees and to also assist in passing the GPhC pre-registration exam
- Management & retail experience
- First aid course
- Off-the-job training workshops including:
- Law and ethics
- Drug tariff
- OTC advice
- Pre-reg exam training
- Training days from pharmaceutical companies
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide a work permit/Tier 2 Visa
47 Roman Way
Apply via email on email@example.com